Friday, March 7, 2008

Disgaea for DS, with screens

Well...it finally happened. I guess the PSP version was more successful than I thought, because otherwise NIS would have no reason to run this game to the ground. Yes it's a port of the first game in the series. Yes it will be on the DS. Will it have anything new? According to the internet it has something called "Demon Gadgets" which are basically items that do all sorts of things, like give your character an exta 30 level boost. Hmm, why would that matter if I'm anywhere beyond level 100?

So far this "demon gadget" business is the only new feature, all the rest were on the PSP or PS2 versions. I have a sinking feeling that they will have to remove a lot of things, like bonus fights or maybe even cut down the voice acting...? But if you're expecting an extra story mode like in the PSP port...I wouldn't get my hopes up that high. Also it's probably safe to say goodbye to the bonus battles from the PSP version.

Screens:






Look at those screens. I don't mean to sound like some sort of anti-DS fanboy but damn, the original's graphics are bad enough and it just seems worse on the DS. I'm not sure if it's really just due to the compression of the images though. We'll see, I guess.

I really don't see the point though, why publish the same damn game three times on three different consoles? Everyone who wants this game has most likely played it more than twice already. Why isn't NIS working on porting Disgaea 2 instead?

No comments: