Friday, January 4, 2008

Obsessive-compulsive things you do in video games


(Inspired by a /v/ thread from just a few minutes ago)

Are there things you do in videogames that don't make sense but you must do anyway? I have a few, and I will list them here since there isn't really anything interesting to write about today anyway.

-Even though I have enough golds I'd always grind for more money before buying an expensive item "just in case".
-I don't use the "rare" items like elixirs and whatever super potions that heal fucktons of HP if they can't be bought, even in the final battle.
-Whenever there's a branching path in a dungeon I always take the path that I think doesn't lead to the boss room; if I think I've gone too far and might actually be headed towards the boss I go back and take the other path. Random encounters makes this extremely annoying.
-If I can jump instead of walk, I would.
-I jump through the doors in Megaman. No exceptions.
-Related to the previous, I can't take it when I have to use an E-Tank to beat a boss. I would start over and do it again until I can kill him without losing any life. ;_;
-I'm one of those guys who steals the pizza/turkey/large meat just to piss other players off even though I don't want to. Sorry ;_;
-Even though I only used like 4 bullets in my clip I would always reload, knowing I have a full clip makes me comfortable.

There's probably more, but I can't remember all of them at the moment so I'll just add them later. Do you have any of these?

No comments: