Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Soul Calibur Legends gameplay videos


From Gametrailers.com:
Sophitia gameplay
Taki gameplay
Ivy gameplay
Siegfried gameplay
Astaroth gameplay

The gameplay looks smooth and the movements are fluid, but I hate to admit, it sort of looks disappointing. Maybe it's only for these demos, but I was expecting having to face a variety of enemies at once, not a bunch of enemies of the same type. Those tigers in the Ivy gameplay look a little stiff too. Room design is bland for a current-gen game, and the camera keeps moving where it could have just stayed behind the character's back. Overall it reminds me of a cross between Castlevania: Curse of Darkness and the little side game from Tekken 3. Bluntly put, it looks generic, and doesn't seem like it was given the usual treatment that Soul Calibur receives. SCL looks like it would do better if it was just included as an extra feature for Soul Calibur IV, rather than a stand-alone game. But it's still too early to conclude things...maybe it'll change when the game is actually released. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because I really love Soul Calibur and I'd hate for its name to be tainted by a subpar game.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks nice... Now if only I had a Wii.